Hi! You must be here because you want to know about me, so here we go! I hope you’re ready because I’m sure not. I believe one of the best ways to learn is to do. You could study and go to class after class and take books worth of notes or you could take just as many Ls, just as many failures and just as many setbacks. Put those failures into books and each lesson becomes its own best seller.
I created this site to share my story and invite others to share theirs as well. So read along, share your thoughts, educate yourself, and fail repeatedly. You’ll learn something along the way.
redpepper (Nashville, Tennessee)
From January 2018 to April 2018 I worked as an Innovation Lab Intern at redpepper in Nashville, Tn and had the learning experience of my life. The culture this company demonstrates is one other workplaces should aspire to emulate with their focus on creating a thriving environment people want to be a part of.
Zimmerman Advertising (Ft. Lauderdale, Florida)
From May 2017 to August 2017 I worked as a Creative Copywriter Intern at Zimmerman Advertising in Ft. Lauderdale. This 40 hour a week/12 week summer program taught me more about advertising than any senior capstone or portfolio class could ever come close to. Working in real time with clients like Nissan, Aubio, and Office Depot had every intern swimming with the sharks. The internship ended with a 30 minute pitch from our team (pictured below) to Office Depot and Zimmerman executives on a new sub-brand for the client and a launch campaign containing creative, media, and an ocean of research.
Speech & Debate
WKU Forensics (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
- Persuasive Speaking Semi-Finalist at National Forensics Association 2015 (Top 12 in the nation)
- Informative Speaking Quarter-Finalist at National Forensics Association 2015 (Top 24 in the nation)
- Persuasive Speaking Quarter-Finalist at Pi Kappa Delta National Tournament 2016 (Top 24 in the nation)
- After Dinner Speaking Quarter-Finalist at National Forensics Association 2017 (Top 24 in the nation)
- Persuasive Speaking Quarter-Finalist at National Forensics Association 2017 (Top 24 in the nation)
- Informative Speaking Octo-Finalist at National Forensics Association 2017 (Top 48 in the nation)
- Informative Speaking Runner-Up at Pi Kappa Delta National Tournament 2018 (2nd in the nation)
- After Dinner Speaking Second Place at KFA Kentucky State Tournament 2016 (Top 2 in the state)
- Communication Analysis Second Place at KFA Kentucky State Tournament 2016 (Top 2 in the state)
- Persuasive Speaking Fourth Place at KFA Kentucky State Tournament 2016 (Top 4 in the state)
- Informative Speaking Sixth Place at KFA Kentucky State Tournament 2016 (Top 6 in the state)
WKU AAF (Bowling Green, Kentucky)
Vice President. I assisted leading our team in coming back to life and competing at the 2018 NSAC competition. Acting as research/strategist, I led the team in primary and secondary research initiatives, uncovered key insight, and developed actionable directives aimed at solving those key insight. Working with the team, I facilitated crafting our $5 million media plan in excel and partnered up with another member of both AAF and WKU Forensics, Sam Moore, to write the script for our team to present and compete with.